- I bought most of the decorations for the centerpieces
- I also started buying some of the decorations for the mantlepieces (there are 3 fireplaces that I need to decorate!)
- I got all the materials to make a card box together - I'm excited because Dan asked to help with a craft so we can do it together!
|This is from pinterest - my inspiration :)|
- I got the decorations for the table that Dan and I are sitting at as well
- I researched songs for our first dance, the song I'll be walking in on, and the song the bridal party will be walking in - pretty sure I know which ones but I have to finalize with Dan first
- I looked into possible rehearsal dinner locations - turns out they are more affordable than I thought. I found a cool restaurant nearby that has yummy food (I've been there before which helps) and that's BYOB which will help us save a bit. I'm waiting to hear back from them about whether or not they do pre-fixed menus for big parties.
- I contacted my hair/makeup lady to book the makeup and hair trial for me
- I started cutting the wine bottles for our centerpieces. I finally figured out how to do it well! It didn't work well with the darker colored bottles, but I only need the clear ones for the tables anyways, so that's ok! I used the scoring tool I got on Amazon to make a light score on the bottom of the bottle. Then I dipped it in boiling hot water and then right into cold water with lots of ice. I repeated the dipping about four times and the bottle just popped right off! The scoring tool came with a glass polishing paper so I used that to sand down the edges, but it looked really clean cut!
And aside from the wedding, Dan and I went and got our tree on Saturday! We also managed to put all the Fall decorations away, take out all the Christmas decorations out, and rake all the leaves on our deck! Awesome!
|'Tis the season!|