I love link ups and saw this one on Erin’s page, and thought it’d be fun to fill it out as a fiancée and soon-ish to-be wife!
So my wedding to Dan…has not happened yet! We just got engaged on May 5th so we are still in the beginning stages of planning.
Here’s our history in bulleted list form:
- We met in band in 9th grade when I was 13 and he was 14. We dated “long-term” for three months! (When you’re that age, three months is a long time! Ha)
- We stayed friends throughout high school and always had an on-going flirtation.
- We “talked” and kind-of hung out/causally dated during Senior Week and a little bit into college. (Does anyone remember when people used to use the term ‘talking’ when referring to dating or flirting but not officially? What was up with that?!) That didn’t last long though since he was away at Virginia Tech and I was home going to HCC.
- We re-connected one Summer while he was home from college. It also happened to be right after I had just broken up with my boyfriend of almost three years and he had broken up with his long-time girlfriend as well. Hmm, fate? ;)
- We started dating that Fall after I came and visited him at Virginia Tech. We had a long-distance relationship for about a year and a half. Then when he graduated he was home for two months before being offered a job in Virginia Beach. So then he went there for another year or so and we continued the long-distance relationship.
- He finally got a job back up here and we moved in together.
- Five and a half years after we re-connected he proposed to me while walking underneath the Natural Bridge in Virgina.
So the details:
Date: Saturday, April 12, 2014
Location - Overhills Mansion in Catonsville – We are going to have an outdoor ceremony in a garden-like area and the reception will be inside a large room with wooden floors and a fireplace. I like to think of it as your rich neighbor’s living room…it’s large but has a homey feeling to it.
Bridal Party – We went back and forth on this one. We changed our minds about having a bridal party at all. So now I have 7 and he has 4. One thing we are keeping is that the bridal party will not be standing with us. They will still enter before us, but they will go and sit in the front rows instead of standing by us. We liked the idea of the ceremony being more about the two of us and not making the groomsmen and bridesmaids feel like eyes are on them too.
Colors—Shades of purple and gray
First Dance—We have not chosen this yet, but as of now Dan has more ideas than I do! J
Honeymoon—The only thing that we have figured out at this point is that we would like it to be a tropical type of place that is warm. Other than that, we have not figured out the details.
What Would I Change? Ask me next April!
If you’re interested in seeing my wedding board on Pinterest, go here:
Keep in mind I have been pinning ideas for my wedding for the past year or so even before I was engaged, so not all of those ideas are actually being used for my wedding!