Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Work it out!

So working with my personal trainer is AWESOME! She's really tough and I get a great workout every time.  Plus she's been coming up with a plan for me so that when I'm not with her, I know exactly what to do at home or at the gym.

So to give you an idea, last time I was with her I did a 5 minute walk warm-up on the treadmill.  Then I did circuits of a bunch of exercises. One was doing squats jumping up and down with one leg going onto one of those half ball things... see picture below to see an idea of what I mean. 

Then I also did stuff with the TRX straps she has hanging from her ceiling (I'm always afraid I'm going to yank her ceiling out, but she assures me that it's attached very securely).
See below pictures for what I did with that.

I pulled myself up like this - I REALLY felt it in my arms for the next couple days.

This was kind-of cool too...very controlled and slow movement.  My arms were shaking!
Then I did some lower ab roll outs with the yoga ball too.

I'm sure there was more, but I can't remember since that was last Thursday!  But anyways she does it similar to Jillian Michaels... 3 exercises in a rotation and then 3 new exercises in a rotation. There's always stretching afterwards and I always work up a great sweat!

Here's what she had me do tonight: 30 minutes on the treadmill at the gym.  I did 5 minutes of warm-up at 3.2 mph. (I always put it on the incline of 1.0 because I've read that treadmills are usually below the ground level at 0.0 so it's better to put it at 1.0 to be leveled out).  Then for 20 minutes I would sprint for 30 seconds (for me this is between 5.8 - 6.0 mph) and then have one recovery minute of walking (for me - 3.4 or 3.5).  I did this for the 20 minutes and then ended with 5 minutes of cool-down at 3.2.  It was really interesting to do it this way! I love intervals but I've never done such small ones! It made the 30 minutes go by really fast! 

Then when I got home I had to do burpees, push-ups, and squats with a dumbbell! See below for my workout to-do list (yes, I crossed them off as I did it so I felt good about it! ha, such a nerd).  (NOTE: I HATE burpees! They suck so bad!)
dell = Dumbbell.  Yeah, I'm not sure why I did that. Let's go with it.
Anyways, I've been working really hard and I really hope that I can see some great results!  Last Summer was the heaviest for me, and since then I have lost 12 pounds.  I'm hoping to get to my happy weight of fitting my clothes well and still having curves (I found this weight when I got off of the birth control pills for a bit - I wish my uterus didn't suck without them every month, otherwise I could just do that and lose the weight!).  To get to that happy weight I would need to lose another 16 pounds.  I think it's doable! I'm hoping that working with Abby can give me some great motivation and some new ideas.

I've read and heard that it takes 21 days to form a habit.  This will be my first week where I will have my two days with Abby and then three-four days of her workouts on my own. (the past two weeks have been hard to schedule because of schedule conflicts for both of us)  I'm excited to see where this will take me! 

:)

No comments: