Dan and I used to do these kinds of surveys all the time when we first got back together five years ago. It was a fun way to learn more about each other while being long distance and we both really enjoyed filling them out and reading each others.
I haven't done one in years, so I thought I'd give it a go, just because.
1. Share your best piece of advice in this fun email survey. Make time for yourself. I try so hard to do this myself, and it’s hard but when I do I am so glad I did!
2. What is your earliest memory? Hmm, maybe when I was 3 in preschool. I remember the first day going in with my mom and best friend at the time and playing on the swing set and learning the names and faces of a new place.
3. Who do you miss the most from your past? My grandfather.
4. Just for fun, if you could go back in time, what would you do? Go to senior prom with good friends instead of the guy I went with! Ugh what an awful night!
5. How many times have you been in love? Twice. My love for Nick Carter and Justin Timberlake as a teen don’t count, right? Ok, so yes. Twice.
6. Favorite article of clothing? Comfy jammie pants
7. Share your all-time favorite movie. There’s so many! Dogma, Robin Hood Men In Tights, Ever After, Bridesmaids, Beauty and the beast, The Notebook, Easy A
8. Where is the furthest you have traveled? Puerto Rico
9. What human trait do you dislike the most? Lying
10. Name your favorite candy bar. Reese’s Nutrageous.
11.What is your fondest memory? When Dan first told me he loved me
12. Do you have a recurring dream, and if so, what is it? Getting proposed to!
13. Name your favorite board game. I have many favorites – scattegories, mad gab, apples to apples, and loaded questions.
14. What do you love the most about your significant other? He makes me laugh a lot and he’s a great listener.
15. Just for fun, if you could realistically have any one item, what would it be? A diamond necklace that I have had my eye on from Tiffany’s but will probably never own (it’s $9,000! If I could find a replica I would be all over it but have yet to find one!)
16. Name your all-time favorite actor. Right now - Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Reynolds
17. Name your all-time favorite singer or group. All-American Rejects, Carrie Underwood, Ne-yo, goo-goo dolls, Anna Nalik – I don’t have just one!
18. Which youtube video is your current favorite? This one! It makes me laugh every time! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnDKR7p1wSY
19. If you had to live on one food for a month, what would it be? Spaghetti or Sushi
20. Share a song lyric that is meaningful to you. This is one of my favorite lyrics – it’s from Rent – “I can’t control my destiny. I trust my soul. My only hope is just to be.” It’s so calming to think like that – just be.