First let's start off with what I have gotten done, so that I won't feel as overwhelmed! I have gotten some things out of the way, which is good. I'm not anywhere close to being completely planned, but hey! It's a start.
- Chose bridal party - I have 7 and he has 4; we have a ring bearer and a flower girl. We are trying to figure out a way to incorporate Codden (our dog) but we're not sure yet.
- Chose wedding colors - shades of purple and gray
- Chose venue for reception and ceremony - Overhills Mansion
- We discussed our budget together (we = Dan and I)
- Chose our photographer for our engagement photos (My co-worker offered his services for free! Woo!)
- Started researching and contacting possible vendors for flowers, hair/make-up, and photography
- Set a maximum guest list number - 100
- Set up excel for guest list with contact information
- Created a Wedding binder
- Started looking at wedding dresses online to get an idea
- Started thinking about what the reception decor would look like
- Researched some bakeries in the area for cupcakes
I would like to get these things done within the next couple weeks:
- Finalize the guest list with Dan
- Finish adding the contact information to the guest list in excel
- Meet with a possible florist about pricing
- Find some more possible photographers and set a budget for photography
- Finalize the centerpiece design
- Finalize who is doing the cupcakes/put a deposit down
- Find invitations/save the dates that I like and set a budget for that
In the next month or two:
- Go wedding dress shopping ... oh god! I am not looking forward to seeing what size I would be right now. I've been losing weight lately so I should be at least a little smaller by then but we shall see. I know it's weird but as much as I love to be around people I'm a little apprehensive to have a ton of girls/moms with me too. Call me crazy but I also kind-of want my dress to be a bit of a surprise for everyone. I don't want it to be passed around via cell phone before the big day so that everyone knows what it looks like. Maybe I can be stealthy and take one or two friends and then just tell everyone else the shape of it? Let them know I want it to be a surprise...?
- Get color swatches for my bridesmaids so they can keep their eye out for possible dresses in those colors.
I have a lot to do, but I also feel like I'm getting a lot done. Other than major decisions, Dan is pretty awesome about leaving most of the planning to me. Because I'm neurotic and need opinions I ask him about everything anyways, but he always says ok to it all anyways. :) He trusts me. Not to get too mushy, but the other day he said something along the lines of 'I'm just glad I get you. Everything else doesn't really matter.' So sweet...and so true! At the end of the day, it's a celebration of deciding to be together forever and having some fun while doing so.