Friday, August 5, 2011

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one." **

**-John Lennon

So something you should know about me, if you don't already:  I have crazy dreams all the time, and usually remember them quite clearly.  When I was in highschool I wrote them down.  I still have them all on my computer.  It's fun to go back and read them.  I think dreams are so fascinating and I really do think that there is some kind of meaning in them somewhere.  Maybe the meaning isn't always so black and white and obvious, but I truly believe it's there.

So last night I had a dream...

I dreamt  that I was in the kitchen making creme brulee on the stove.  I was waiting for the water to boil so I could put the cream in it.  (I have NO flipping clue as to how to make it, but apparently in my dream this was the first step).  My grandfather was in the kitchen as well playing cards right next to the stove, so he kept giving me updates on whether or not the water was boiling.  While I was waiting I was on my computer checking my emails.  I got an email from Dan saying that he doesn't want us to be together anymore because "it just doesn't feel right anymore with us."  I was soooo angry about this!  I don't remember what happened with the dessert, but I do know that I was making it for my friend Jen's wedding, which was the next day.  So not only was I pissed that he broke up with me in an email, but he broke up with me the day before my friend's wedding so I would be date-less!  I remember walking past my parents to use their master bathroom.  Even though I had obviously been crying and was red in the face, they didn't notice me as I walked by.  The dream pretty much ended with me trying to think of how to yell at Dan. 

Now I don't know how to interpret the breaking up part, because honestly we couldn't be better.  He's moving back to Maryland, we're going to live together, and our 4 year anniversary is coming up.  I was curious was some of those dream dictionaries would say about a break-up in a dream and was intrigued by what it said:

To dream that your boyfriend or girlfriend is breaking up with you, indicates that your relationship is moving to the next level. In a way, it is an end to something; you are leaving some past behind. At the same time, it is the start of something new or better. It is important to remember that such a dream is not an omen that the relationship is not working out. As a relationship evolves and grows, it also changes.

Isn't that crazy?  It's true, our relationship is about to change! In big ways!

Ok, another part of the dream that I found interesting is the fact that my parents didn't notice that I was crying and upset.  To me, this is very obvious and just means that my parents don't understand how I feel all the time.  Um, DUH!  I'm pretty sure all of us have felt at one time or another that our parents don't get us or listen to us.  This part of the dream wasn't so surprising to me.

Do you ever have any crazy dreams?* 
Do you think they have meaning?

*I'm expecting that my two good friends that are preggo are going to definitely say yes to this! :)

1 comment:

Erin B. said...

OMG last night i dreamed that i got stranded on a random island/world or something and half the people with me decided they were going to go on welfare and not work and i yelled at them and went a got a job. we were all living in a house together and me and 3 others got jobs. I started working at a resturant that was off this resturant street and i was a waitress. BUT the thing is here the waitresses wore roller skates (inside!) and none of the drink machines were ever in the same location so i could never get people their drink order and my order card wasn't working. And the tables kept changing and moving. It was a mess! And all the other waitresses wore poodle skirts but i had to wear hot pants.
That was just last nights, i shoudl start a blog with pregnant dreams!