Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Can't sleep? Sign up for fitness classes!



So it's 1am and I can't sleep.  So I went online to find a parks and rec fitness class to enroll in for the Fall.  They always have great classes that are affordable and fun.  I've been debating about whether or not to get back into personal training and the only thing that has been stopping me is the money.  Taking a class is a great solution because I'm still getting a great workout, but I'm not paying as much for it.

This is what I ended up choosing:


Trim & Tighten

12 yrs + / 24 classes, start dates below / $71

Toning and strengthening exercises for all muscle groups are set to music.

Bring a mat; 2- to 5-lb. hand weights are optional. Instructors are nationally

certified. Please consult a physician before beginning an exercise program.

Registration: 410-313-7275. Information: Nicola Morgal, 410-313-4718.

Jeanne Sealing ACE-Certified

RP8210.501 Burleigh Manor MS Sep 12 6:30-7:25 PM M & W

I love that it's twice a week, that it's strength training (I really don't enjoy using weights and I'm not very good at it), and it's very cheap at about $3 a class! My only wish is that it would start sooner! 

I was tempted to sign up for this class as well:

Step & Sculpt! with Marianne Larkin, AAAI

12 yrs + / 12 classes starting Sep 17 / $62

Enjoy an invigorating Saturday morning wake-up call with this fun medium- to high intensity

75-minute class that has it all. Pump up your cardiovascular fitness and

challenge your brain with 45-50 minutes of turbo-charged combinations in the

latest in-step choreography. Knowledge of aerobic step terms is recommended.

Moves are demonstrated at various intensity levels so you can customize the workout

to fit your needs. Continue this total body workout with about 20 minutes of

strength, core and ab exercises using hand weights, medicine balls, stability balls

and resistance bands (provided) and finish with an energized stretch.

Registration: 410-313-7275. Information: Nicola Morgal, 410-313-4718.

RP8300.501 Gary J Arthur Comm Ctr 8:30-9:45 AM Sa

But I didn't, because I don't want to sign up for too much right away.  I'm still thinking about it though.  I might try and see if I have any friends who want to join with me...any takers?

I have a gym membership and love going to those classes as well, but doing the classes through parks and rec is so much fun and motivating because it's an extra fee that I paid for, so I feel like I HAVE to go even if I don't feel like working out that day.

I'm going to go and try to go to sleep again...hopefully this time it will work. 

Good night :)

No comments: