Currently, I'm reading "Handle with Care" by Jodi Picoult.
It's about a young girl who has Osteogenesis imperfecta, which is a bone disease where her bones can break very easily. It talks about her life and each chapter is told by a different chartacter's point of view. So far, I like it a lot. I've read some of Jodi's work before, and I think she's a great writer. She is always very well researched on the subject at hand, and it's always very hard to put her books down, which I love. It was definitely a great beach read.
So even though I went on antibiotics and finished them last Monday, all of my symptoms including coughing, sore throat, and swollen tonsils came back this past Saturday. Awesome. So I called my doctor and she prescribed a stronger antibiotic that I will be taking for a longer period. Man, I hope it works this time! I hate being sick! And especially during my favorite season!
The countdowns begin:
18 days left until I return to school to start getting my classroom ready.
22 days until I get to meet some of my students at the open house
25 days until the first day of school
I'm excited that I have a lot to look forward between now and then:
- Hanging out with a friend from Florida around town this weekend and possible laser tagging! Woo!
- Possibly signing a lease pretty soon with Dan
- Jen's wedding next weekend (I'm a bridesmaid)
- Happy Hour with my team from work next week
- Sleeping in as much as possible
- Hearing about Dan's first day at his new job!
- Getting my hair done (I lovvvveeee doing that!)
- Going to a wedding in New York for a family member of Dan's
I know that these next 18 days will probably go by much faster than I want them to, but I'm going to make the most out of them and enjoy my freedom while I can!