Saturday, September 10, 2011

Long time, no blog

Ok so here are some updates:

*My school system has this pedometer program that is free and can give you gift cards/prizes based on how many steps you take during the day.  This program + my natural competitiveness has really kick started my working out this week.  My first day logging, I had 7,000 steps.  The second day, I had over 20,000!  Yesterday I had over 16,000.  It's awesome because it's great motivation and it's nice to see my progress throughout the day.

*School has started and so far I love my class.  I have two "nudges" that can be annoying, but I knew that going into this year, so not a huge deal.  I have at least one of those kids every year, so it's nothing new for me.

*Dan and I move into our new place on October 1st! I can't wait! We have been shopping a lot for it, trying to find decorative pieces (like art for the wall) as well as some furniture.  We haven't had much luck with the furniture, unless you count this sweet wine rack we got from IKEA. 

*I tried some cupcakes from Kupcakes & Co. in Elkridge during my lunch break last week and they were AWESOME.  A close second to Georgetown cupcake!  My favorite was the snickerdoodle cupcake that was cinnamon flavored with a buttercream frosting! YUM!

*I splurged and bought myself a Chi hair straightener as an early birthday gift.  I have wanted one for a long time! I had been using my roommates for a year, and when hers finally died, we found a great deal online so I took it and got one.  To top it off, it came with free gifts!  Elf makeup, a cool-down cover for the straightener, and a round hairbrush! Sweet!

*Here's one of the art pieces that I just bought for our house:

:)

Apparently the one thing we always agree on: Wine! ...and wine related products.  Gotta start somewhere, right?

Have a great weekend!

No comments: