Thursday, September 15, 2011

Being good and seeing a little progress

So here are the things I've been trying to work on lately:

  • Eating fresh food every day  - I have been really good with this! Lately, I'm all about bananas and nectarines! Yum!
  • Washing my face every night no matter what - Although sometimes it's a makeup remover wipe instead of a full face wash, I'm doing at least something every night to clean my face.
  • Taking my meds and vitamins twice a day - I've been really good with this, and my bladder thanks me!  I've also been taking these special vitamins for my skin, and I'm already seeing a difference! :)
  • Flossing every day - I'm still struggling a bit with this, but slowly getting better. 
  • Working out more - Signing up for the Parks and Rec class has helped.  The steps competition at school is also really motivating, because I know that I'll get a lot more steps when I work out.
  • No more fast food, no exceptions - This has been surprisingly very easy.  I didn't eat a lot before, but would occasionally have it when I didn't want to make dinner or make something for breakfast.  But not any more!
 So let's talk about the progress:
  • Because I'm flossing more, it's less painful (and bloody - sorry to be gross!)
  • I haven't seen a change in weight loss yet, but I haven't gained any either, so that's something.
  • My face is starting to clear up a bit since I've been washing my face more and taking the vitamins.
  • I'm enjoying fruit and veggies now, so it's not a chore to buy them or put them in my lunches.  I actually crave them now!
I really hope that if I stick with all this working out, I will see results soon.  I just want something.  I don't need to see a huge loss right away, because I'm realistic.  But anything at all would be nice.  We shall see!

1 comment:

Allie {teaspoon of Life} said...

Yay for life improvements :) !!!
We got these little things called plackers that look like a Y kind of, with floss already looped through them. I left them next to the toothbrushes in the morning and magically we've both been flossing every day now :)
Also, you should measure. i haven't lost any weight in the last 3 weeks, but I lost 1.25 inches out of my waist alone ;)
You'll get there!!!