Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tired all the time!

Teaching is tiring. It's part of the job. Pretending to be excited about whatever the lesson is, however boring it may be, takes a lot out of you!

Teaching the intermediate grades (3-5) is what I'm used to. I'm used to that kind of work and exhaustion.

But teaching the little ones is a WHOLE other kind of exhaustion. They are so dependent every second of the lesson. If I'm not repeating the direction for the 25829271128th time, than I'm helping one student spell the word "tree," and helping another to make a proper "w" while also telling another kid to get his finger out of his nose and to go wash his hands. Good thing that class is only an hour, because to tell you the truth it's the most exhausting part of my day! I don't know how kindergarten and first grade teachers do this ALL DAY.

I also think having the big kids in the morning first before the little ones makes it worse. I would rather go from the little ones which is more demanding to the big ones which isn't as demanding.

Well on a positive note, today was better than yesterday (more smooth) so it can only go up from here! :)

Have a good night! :)

No comments: