Sunday, May 22, 2011

A 5K Weekend

*

So on Saturday, I woke up at 6am to run a 5K early in the morning with Katie for a program called Girls on the Run which promotes healthy living and exercise for young girls, as well as self confidence and respect. Although I am not a fan of waking up so early on a weekend day, I did enjoy it! We did intervals the whole time...walking, jogging (with a soft j), and sprinting the whole time. We finished the 5K at 47 minutes and 18 seconds. Pretty good considering we were doing intervals.

Then, today I did another 5K for Great Strides, which raises money for a cure for Cystic Fibrosis. A former student of mine (from last year) has CF and so do two other kids who go to my school. It's an awful disease and I definitely wanted to help out. This 5K was more of a walk, thank goodness. My legs were still exhausted from yesterday's run so it was nice to just take a nice and leisurely walk. I saw a few work faces there, and they even had entertainment (Kangaroo Kids!! Can I just say that if I thought a 25 year old could join, I would TOTALLY do it!! It was my life goal to be a Kangaroo Kid when I was younger).

I love all of this exercise-for-charity stuff! It makes your body feel good for getting some great exercise and it makes you feel good for donating towards a good cause. :)

Speaking of which, I have another walk in June coming up for Breast Cancer! :) If you want to donate towards my team, that would be lovely! If you want to come and walk with us, that'd be cool too!

I'm off to bed! Night :)

No comments: