Monday, January 31, 2011

I'm Trying

Celebrations:
  • I've been really great about taking my vitamins, medicine, and drinking lots of water every day.
  • I've also been good about getting a good amount of sleep each night. And if I don't during the night, I make sure to take a nap during the day.
Things to work on:
  • I haven't been working out as regularly as I should.
  • I haven't been eating as well as I should, although I am still eating veggies and fruits every day.
I'm sure this is the case for everyone trying to lose some weight or be healthy, but dinner time and the weekends are the hardest time for me to eat healthy. This past weekend, for instance, I went out to eat twice and got some delicious-not-healthy-at-all meals.

Dinners are hard for me, because 1) I hate grocery shopping for just me so I don't do it much at all, 2) It's much easier to get take out or to-go stuff and 3) I'm just so tired and cooking is usually the last thing I want to do when I get home from a long day.

Again, I'm sure I'm not the only one, so I may be preaching to the choir. Who knows. I just know that I need to change so that I can finally get rid of this extra weight, and start toning up again.

I've started out pretty well today: I took all of my vitamins and medicine, had a banana for breakfast, packed a healthy lunch of fruit and yogurt, and I have only been drinking water all day (no caffeine, soda, or acidic juices). I'm hoping to go to the gym tonight, but it all depends how much I get done on my observation lesson tonight. I have an observation tomorrow, and even though I've been observed several times before, I'm really nervous. I hate being watched for an entire lesson!

Anyways, have a good Monday.

No comments: