Thursday, January 20, 2011

I feel violated!

...

I went to the urologist today to have a bunch of tests done, because for the past 6+ months my bladder has been awful to me! I won't get into details, but it's not fun!

The tests were SO uncomfortable and I was unfortunately awake for all of them. "It's not as bad as getting a pap smear," she said. HA! I would have much rather had that! No, seriously. Uncomfortable. A bit painful. Violating. Gross. Just a few words that come to mind... I am uncomfortable just thinking about it!

Well at least it wasn't all for nothing...turns out I'm not crazy. I have IC or interstitial cystitis which is also known as painful bladder syndrome. It has to do with my bladder lining and the pain I'm in when I have to go...which happens to be ALL. THE. TIME.

So I'm on two medicines: one to ease my symptoms (thank goodness) and one to help the initial problem. I meet with my urologist again in 2 months.

Ugh! I swear, the minute I turned 25 I started waking up with creaks and aches in the morning, I started getting shin splints, I'm seeing a urologist...

When I think of going to see a urologist, I think of a patient in their 60's or 70's. Not 25! **
Anyways, on a positive note: the testing is over and hopefully I will start seeing some positive results!

Sorry if that was T.M.I. I was trying my best to leave out all the juicy details. Ha juicy. And we're talking about peeing. Lol. :)
**except for DW :)

No comments: