Sunday, March 2, 2014

Pucker Up

So I'm trying to figure out what kind of makeup I want to use for my wedding lips...

I am not a fan of lipstick so that's out.

I love lipgloss, but it can be sticky and it would definitely get all over Dan which he would hate.

I have used lip stains before but hated how dry they can be.

Today I took a trip to CVS and picked up two different lip stains to try out.

Revlon Color Burst in Honey
So the revlon one did not wow me.  It was a pretty color and easy to put on, but came off onto my hands later on, so the "stain" part of it is not worth it.  Definitely not what I'm looking for, for my big day.
Maybelline Super Stay 24 in So Pearly Pink
I was pleasantly surprised with this one.  I wasn't expecting much but loved the color.  After the stain dried, I put on the balm which really helped the dryness.  the color did not come off afterwards so it was really nice.  I might wear it to work one day this week to test out how long it actually lasts.

Here's what I still want to try:

Milani Power Lip Lasting and Moisturizing Lip Stain in Moraccan

Benefit Bene Tint in Rose

Do you have any tips for wedding lips?  Or other suggestions for lip stains to try?

If all else fails, I could just wear a regular lip gloss and re-apply throughout the night.  :)

No comments: