I despise every aspect of moving, and I'm pretty sure anyone in their right mind does too. Packing up sucks, finding a place sucks, paying the security deposit upfront sucks, loading up the car over and over is awful, unpacking is not fun either...UGH!
We just found out (although we figured it was coming) that our landlord is selling the house that we are currently living in and renting. (and there will be a realtor showing our house while we are living here - ugh, I'm not a fan of that!)
So we need to be in our new place at the end of March/beginning of April.
Which also means that we can't travel during Spring Break like we had originally planned...I'm really bummed about that part! I look forward to travelling then every year! We are still going to plan a Summer vacation in place of this one, so I guess it's ok.
So here's our must have list:
- Must allow dogs
- At least 2 bedrooms - would love 3
- At least 1.5 bathrooms
- Within Columbia/Surrounding areas such as Elkridge or Ellicott City - maybe Laurel or Olney though to be a shorter commute for Dan. We're open.
- Needs to be a safe neighborhood...Duh.
- Needs to be a condo/house/townhouse - no places where we would be below or above other people.
- a basement or extra room for storage and/or workout equipment
- a backyard for Codden to use
- a rent amount that is the same that we pay now or relatively close to it
- a Columbia Asssociation assessed area like we have now, so we can keep our gym membership
- big closets!