Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Almost there!

Great news!

I had my second re-evaluation yesterday with my physical therapist and it went really well! She said that I did awesome and that my strength in my arm is really good.  She left it up to me to decide what to do next.  So together we decided that I will take the next two weeks off to see how I do without physical therapy.  I'm still expected to do the stretches and workouts on my own here and there.  I'll come back after that to check in with her. 

We both talked about how this may be one of those lifetime injuries...something that I'll have to keep an eye on for the rest of my life, but with exercise and being careful, it should be fine.  She did say that if for some reason the pain does come back even with these exercises, then I should follow up with an orthopedist.  She said that I'm too young and healthy to have anything like this without it being a different kind of problem.

So I'm not done yet, but I'm close!

I am soooo ready to settle this stupid accident!  It will be a year in April and I would love to have it done and over with by then!  We will see.  

I'm trying to remain positive! I have made a lot of progress so I'm hoping for the best! 

No comments: