Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Feeling cough-tastic

I have been coughing non-stop for the past couple days.  It started last week just here and there, and then over the weekend it got a lot worse.  I got really annoyed, because it's not the kind where you purposely cough to clear your throat, it's the kind that just kind-of pops up while you're talking in mid-sentence, almost like a choke kind of cough. 

So I went to the Minute clinic yesterday and thankfully it's not strep.  I do know that I got it from my kids (one perpetrator in particular has been coughing all over the place, and of course not covering his mouth at all -- thanks for that kid!).  So anyways, I'm taking ibuprofen to decrease the swelling of my tonsils (according to the Minute Clinic doc they're abnormally huge), and cough suppressant pills.  None of that is working all that well.  The only thing that I've had to use a couple times that worked, is my inhaler.  I had to leave my classroom twice today to take it because I had such awful coughing fits to the point where I couldn't breathe.  It was not fun! 

I went to the store today and loaded up on Halls lozenges and some vitamin C drops.  I've been drinking water like it's my job, and I took a long nap today.  I'm hoping that if I continue all this that this thing will be gone in a few days.  I can only hope!  I am supposed to be going to VA Beach on Monday for a week with Dan, but I don't want to go until I'm healthy.  Not only do I want to prevent from passing this cough-monster onto Dan, but I also don't really want to be in a car for 4.5 hours coughing up a storm.  So we shall see.  Wish me luck!  I only have 3 more days of summer school left, so maybe just leaving the germ-y area of school will help me out too.

No comments: