Pesto Chicken Sandwiches
2 tbs. Olive Oil
3 tbs. Fresh Grated Parm. Cheese
1 lb. Boneless Skinless Chx Breasts, cut up in slices
Salt and ground black pepper
2 medium red bell peppers, cut into strips
2/3 cup spoonable salad dressing (I like to use creamy Italian)
1/3 cup prepared basil pesto
¼ tsp. Pantry lemon pepper seasoning mix
2 cups fresh spinach leaves, washed and stemmed
Kaiser Sandwich Rolls
1. Saute chicken strips in skillet on the stove with Olive Oil – Medium Heat. Add salt and pepper to chicken as it’s cooking. Stir and flip pieces often until tender and no longer pink.
2. Saute red bell pepper strips in separate skillet until tender.
3. Combine salad dressing, pesto, and seasoning mix in medium sized bowl.
4. Toast Rolls.
5. Spoon some dressing on one half of the roll and add a few spinach leaves on top of the dressing.
6. Place a few pieces of cooked chicken and sautéed peppers on the other side of the roll. Add a sprinkle of parmesan cheese to the sandwich. Combine both halves to make the full sandwich.
7. Serve with a side dish such as fresh fruit or steamed veggies.