Friday, April 9, 2010

Continuing what I had started years ago

I have been journaling and keeping diaries since I was able to write. I have a shelf at my parent's house that is full of old diaries and notebooks that are filled with entries about my life and my thoughts.

When I was in high school, before blogging was very popular, I started what I thought of as an online journal with a website called xanga. I joined in 2003 and kept it up until college. Unfortunately, I stopped writing because unbeknownst to me others had been reading my journal and using it against my friends. Basically, a few of my friends got in trouble because of it. That's not why I was journaling. I was just writing about what was going on in my life. I had no intention of making parents or boyfriends angry, I was just writing to relax and to get my thoughts on the screen.

Well I really miss doing this, and I'd like to start again. I won't put anything in here that could potentially get someone in trouble, and I will try not to make this a complete venting journal. It's more of just a way for me to relax, escape, and give me an outlet to express what I'm thinking and going through every day.

So here goes.

No comments: