|Ha! Some of my favorite shows are on Sunday nights, and I am always willing to stay up late to watch them!|
Recap of this weekend in list form (my favorite kind of form!):
- I had to buy new tires RIGHT after I had just paid a big bill for my credit card that I was excited about. I'm pretty sure that my bank account tells the universe when there's money in there so that I can have yet another expense! AND this is during the most expensive month of my life...car insurance time (I pay twice a year so they are big payments), moving time (helloooo security deposit and first month's rent at the same time), target trips to get stuff for moving (cleaning supplies, curtain for the kitchen, extension cords, etc.) Oh and get this! I only need two tires, but since Costco's policy is that I can only buy 4 at a time because of the type of car I have, I had to buy 4! I know you're probably wondering why I didn't just go somewhere else...it's for peace of mind. They have a 90,000 warranty on their tires! You can get them rotated for free at ANY time you want and they're really good about replacing them. I've never had any trouble with them with tires; they are very reliable.
- Procrastination at its best! I am procrastinating right now as I type, actually! I have a paper to write and studying to do for my research grad class tomorrow and haven't done anything for them yet! I'm not normally this late with it, but I just refused to spend my Spring Break doing grad work on TOP of moving, unpacking, and getting everything settled at the house. So I don't feel very bad about it. I'll regret losing most of today for it, but let's be real...our professor told us this paper is worth ONE point. So if we turn something in at all, we get it. Um, hello?! She might as well have told me to BS it even more than I was going to. Ha!
- Last night Dan and I made breakfast for dinner and then I made pumpkin bread for dessert just because I felt like it. I happen to love both of those things so the combination in one night was glorious!
- I started this cinnamon/honey drink thing last night. I have been doing a lot of reading on it and also saw some interesting doctor articles about it, so I thought I would give it a try. It's supposed to be mainly for weight loss, but the two ingredients on their own have a lot of nutritional benefits on their own as well. This includes maintaining a healthy immune system, help with acne, having antioxidants, reducing cholesterol, indigestion, energy, and the list goes on! I figured even if I don't lose weight with this, it's great for me otherwise! AND I happen to love anything that tastes like cinnamon and I also love honey (although this is my first time with raw honey) so it's a win-win. So far, I like it. I wish I could drink it warm though, drinking it luke warm or cold is not as pleasant. But from what I've read, it's better that way because if it's hot than the honey loses its nutrients faster. Here's the link if you're interested: http://www.thedoctorstv.com/melissaw72/posts/4475-Weight-Loss
- I got my hair done on Saturday. I was really excited about it because I had decided to save some money and instead of get a haircut that I don't really need or highlights/low lights, I would just get one all over color which is cheaper. WELL it turns out that I didn't factor in that my stylist is apparently more highly trained and can charge higher than others (not sure how I missed that one - I've been going to her for a while now) and the blow-dry charge of $25 which is absolutely ridiculous. So in order to save, I would need to leave the salon with wet hair, not knowing how my hair turned out?! Well, anyways long story short...my hair looks great. My wallet does not.
I'm going to try and work on getting some grad work done now...
Or maybe I'll go finish my closet upstairs! It's the last thing I have to unpack. Normally it's the first thing, but I guess since I haven't had to worry about where my work clothes are this past week, it was not my immediate venture.