Thursday, October 20, 2011

Birthday Weekend Post

*I wrote this while we still didn't have cable :)

Birthday Weekend


Everyone at school wished me a Happy Birthday all day long, including my students. I felt very loved! My co-worker got my some beautiful sun-flowers, while another got my favorite snickerdoodle cupcakes from this awesome Cupcake Bakery down the street from my school. A student of mine got me a half dozen cupcakes from the same place too! (She got me 2 red velvet, 2 cookies and cream, and two key limes). One of my homeroom students brought in some Halloween cookies for me. Another homeroom student gave me a Starbucks giftcard (the parents of this student brought me a pumpkin spice latte in the middle of the day, the day before). A student from my math class got me a Coach wristlet! No joke! I was shocked!

Red Velvet <3
 So I ate a snickerdoodle cupcake during lunch and enjoyed every single bite of it (pretty sure I moaned a bit, that’s how awesomely scrumptious those things are). Right after school ended, I got ready for my Happy Hour at Howl at the Moon in Baltimore, which is a dueling piano bar. I re-curled my hair and painted my nails at school, before leaving. When I got to the bar, my friend Kelly was waiting outside. We both went in, and were shortly joined by four of my co-workers. As the night went on, I had a total somewhere around 18 people or so that came. It was soooo much fun!

However, if you’re easily embarrassed, you should be warned that Howl at the Moon is not the place you want to go to on your birthday! Within the first hour of being there, they asked if it’s anyone’s birthday or not, and of course my whole section of friends made it very clear that it was. The entire bar, yelled “Get on stage, Jess!” When I got on stage, they had me place my hands on the piano facing away from the bar of people and shake my bum while they played music! Thankfully, I had two friends who went with me! It was a bit embarrassing, but funny. Later on, my old roommate put a song request in, with another request: to put the birthday girl Jess on the piano as they played. She told me she did this, and I was really hoping they wouldn’t see it or ignore it…NOPE! They asked me to get on the piano. They gave me a stuffed black cat, and started singing about something that rhymes with…mussy. It was pretty raunchy, but it was amusing nonetheless. Although I didn’t appreciate the longggg time I was up there in front of the entire bar, I think I was a pretty good sport about it and made the most fun out of it.

The night went on for a bit, and I was there for around 5 hours or so. I was happy to have a mix of people all in one place: some family (cousins) came, my sister and some mutual friends of ours, my co-workers, my guy, my friends and their hubbies, etc. It was a really great way to spend my birthday. Dan and I left after a while, and started walking to our cars. When I almost reached my car, I got a text message that I had won some crazy prize from the bar and reached “rockstar status.” My sister grabbed it for me, since I had just left. She said it was some pass that would make it so I never had to pay a cover again at that bar, and I could skip the line when I get there every time as well. Sweet!

Later that night, I uploaded my steps** from my pedometer to the internet for the last time for my school competition. I was in the lead last night at 11:30pm (it ended at midnight) so I’m pretty sure that I won, but I’m not totally sure. I’ll keep you updated.


Also, I should mention that when I came home, I came home to some beautiful flowers from my awesome boyfriend! :)


We woke up, got showered and ate some breakfast and left the house to go to… TIFFANY’s!!! Although it took some major deciding, I decided on a beautiful heart pendant necklace. It’s super sparkly and feminine and awesome and I LOVE it! Dan wanted me to experience it all with him, and also make sure that I get something I really wanted, so he decided to take me with him, as opposed to surprising me with something he had picked out. Then we met up with his brother and sister-in-law to help them move some couches. We spent some time with them for a bit, and of course we had to stay long enough so that we could see our special K. :) We left there, came back here and then took a two hour nap. So far, so good! What a great day! 

What a great weekend! (I didn't go back to write about Sunday, and now I forget, so Friday and Saturday is all you get!)


Allie {a teaspoon of LIFE} said...

I love everything about this post :) Especially Tiffanys! Happy Birthday!

Jess said...

Thanks girl! :)