5 Things I Want to Share:
1. Last week due to my overall abandonment of my laundry I decided to try on some pants that I hadn't for a while on a whim. I had no idea they would fit. Get this - I have been a size 9 or 11 for at least four years now. Sometimes an 8. These were a SIZE SIX! Woohoo!! Score! (and they were work pants - and that in itself should be an extra excitement because they are higher waisted and tighter on the bum so more of a challenge).
2. I had my makeup and hair trials and they went great. I switched the people I'm working with last minute due to some disagreements and snarki-ness on their part, and I'm glad I did. The two girls I have now are fantastic and I know they will help us look beautiful on the big day!
3. Speaking of the big day, 53 days to go. Oh. My. God. I just showed Dan the calendar - we are almost done February...then we have the month of March, and then just about two weeks. That's it. It's so close!
4. I have such mixed feelings about paying for this wedding. I have always been very independent financially and have paid for everything of my own since I was in highschool (but didn't start paying rent until after college). So to say that we are paying for it all ourselves is exciting to me because I feel a great deal of pride knowing that we are doing it on our own. I also want to whine every time I see the Google Doc I have made with every expense that we have put towards this wedding (literally - EVERY expense down to the last penny). When all is said and done, I'm so happy that 1) We are only getting married once because it's not cheap! lol and 2) We are doing it together.
5. The smartest thing we could have ever done is Honeyfund! The bridal shower gifts helped pay a HUGE chunk of our honeymoon already! That combined with a generous gift from our awesome brother in law/sister and law and a gift from my grandmother we have made serious headway with our honeymoon balance. It's great! On the days that I am overwhelmed about what we still have to do or anxious about who is judging how we are doing our wedding (I try as hard as I can to not care, but easier said than done), I just picture us on the beaches of St. Thomas and St. John! I am sooooo excited for our first vacation as Mr. and Mrs.!
I hope all of you have been staying warm and dry with this insane weather!