Monday, January 2, 2012

Trying to not be discouraged...

**All the circles on the calendar show the days I went to the gym/did workout classes
So in the past 3 weeks, I have worked out between 4-5 times a week.  I have been running, taking workout classes, lifting weights, and doing everything I can to try and lose this weight/tone up.  I even kept it up over the holiday break.  I weighed myself yesterday and I weighed 3 pounds over my heaviest weight I have ever been.
WTF!

It's so hard to not be discouraged when I see that.  I have little voices in my head saying don't worry it's just a number, it's about how I feel (the other negative voice says - I feel like poo and I hate how my clothes fit!).  They also say muscle weighs more than fat, so maybe it's muscle (well I don't see any!). 

I'm not going to give up, but it definitely brought me down yesterday.

I really hope that if I keep this up, I'll start to see some more results, whether that be in the way I feel/look, or in numbers.

Wish me luck...

2 comments:

breedwoman said...

aww i'm sorry. that stupid scale totally blows! I'm not loving it now but i try to blame it all on baby... not looking forward to when he's out and i have to take responsibility for it all. I want to tell you how great you look but i know it doesn't help a lot when you want to see that number say something else. But i'm very proud of you and you're inspiring me to get a pedometer and to workout once parker's born! Keep it up!

Jess said...

Thanks :)